Jowl Split Shackle Tech Specs
Introducing the "patent pending" JOWL recovery split shackle. Our innovative split "J" design eliminates the need for tools or soft shackles while making rope and strap connections faster eliminating the need to remove your shackles from your bumper or hitch receiver to make a connection, hook up a rope or strap out on the trail. Fast TOOL-LESS closed loop recovery finally made easy!!
THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!
Just open up the Jowl shackle hooked sides, insert your recovery rope or tow strap looped end, rotate the end of the tow rope or strap to engage both sides of the shackle, pull tight and you are ready to recover your stuck vehicle.
Click Here or Scroll Down to jump to Break Test Results
- The Jowl Split Shackle Pin is secured by two Metric M18 cap screws that accept any 1/4" socket wrench. Just grab two 1/4 inch ratchets and easily remove or attach the shackle to your vehicle without the need to find a spud wrench, the correct allen keys or hex wrenches out on the trail.
- Designed with a 10,000lb or 5T working load limit (WLL) with built in 5:1 Factor of Safety (FoS) gives this beast a minimum breaking strength of 50,000lbs. (See Break Test Results below)
- Coated with durable weather-proof powder coat or plated options available in many popular colors. Combine 13 color options to give you 169 possible combinations to easily match the color scheme of your personality, Jeep, 4x4 truck or off-road vehicle. The Raw Dog unfinished option is also available so you can take it to your local powder coat or paint shop to color match your ride.
- Unlike shackles with hard edges this soft shackle friendly design has large rounded curves on all inner and outer edges in the areas your soft shackles, ropes eyes and strap eyes will be connected to be easy on the fibers and prolong the life of your gear.
- Built in rubber anti-chatter pads stop the hooked sides from rattling against each other as you navigate the roughest trails.
- Debossed letters on the lower half of shackle hooked bodies prevent tearing, fraying, snagging and other damage to synthetic winch lines, tree savers, snatch ropes, tow straps, soft shackles and other vehicle recovery accessories.
- Built in pull angle stops are visual reminders that give you feedback to help you keep your pull angles low keeping your recovery safe and as efficient as possible.
- Forged from Chromium Molybdenum (CrMo) steel this shackle is guaranteed to hold up to the toughest pulls and speed up you vehicle recovery so you can spend more time enjoying the trail instead or being stuck in it.
- The proprietary Grade 8 Steel pin design has a 7/8" diameter with an extremely high shear strength.
- Length: 147.0mm (5.79in)
- Width: 99.5mm (3.92in)
- Height: 49.3mm (1.94in)
- Weight: 74.9oz (4.68lbs)
- Width Between Eyes: 31.75mm (1.25in)
- Shackle Size Category: 3/4"
- Pin Style: Proprietary Design
- Pin Diameter: 7/8" (0.875in)
- Thread Size: M18 x 2.5mm
- Pin Material: Grade 8 Carbon Steel
- Body Material: Carbon Steel
- Patent Pending
- Working Load Limit (WLL): 10,000lbs or 5T (Tons)
- Minimum Required Break Strength (MBS): 50,000lbs
- Factor of Safety (FoS) or Design Factor: 5:1
Break Test Results
- Pounds: 57,276lbs
- Tons: 28.6T
- Metric tonnes: 26.0t
- CLICK HERE TO WATCH