Moose Knuckle Offroad Shackles
Our shackles are designed as a functional towing, recovery or pulling accessory that coincidentally looks like balls, nuts or testicles. This unique man shaped D-Ring is designed to prevent your recovery, snatch or tow rope from over tightening. This is accomplished by keeping separation between the rope when it is attached to the shackle in a slip knot fashion. The bump on the inside of the Moose Knuckle Offroad shackle spreads the rope apart as it wraps around and tightens. Since the rope is held apart it is unable to tighten further when a heavy load or pull is applied. This bump divider also acts as a separator when two hooks or master links are attached when pulling or lifting.
Additionally, the Patent Pending man shape of the outside of the Moose Knuckle Offroad shackle provides a gap on the bottom side to insert a pry bar, screwdriver or tool between the rope’s slip knot so you can pry the knot loose more easily in the event that it does get a little stuck. On a normal shaped lifting ring or D-Ring without this bump and gap a slip knot will slide or bunch together and tighten down so tight that you often have to beat the rope knot with a hammer to loosen the slip knot which often leads to damaging the rope loop stands and decreasing the life of your tow, snatch or recovery rope. A damaged rope can lead to breakage which can possibly lead to vehicle damage or even injury.
Popular Moose Knuckle Offroad Shackle applications...
- Hitch Receiver Shackle
- Jeep Wrangler Shackles
- Jeep Gladiator Shackles
- Toyota Tacoma Shackles
- Toyota 4Runner Shackles
- Truck Nuts
- Trail Riding Recovery Gear Bag Shackles
- 4x4 Truck Shackles
- Lifted Show Truck Shackles
- UTV Shackles
- ATV Shackles
- Side by Side SxS Shackles
- Winch Shackles
- Bumper Mount Shackles
- Trailer Hitch Shackles
- Off-road Recovery and Towing Shackles
- High-strength carbon steel pin fits any 7/8" shackle hitch receiver or bumper mounts.
- Center divider separates snatch rope or tow strap slip knots to avoid over-lapping which prevents over-tightening for easy removal. Middle bump also maintains separation between tree saver looped ends, multiple soft shackles and other attachments to avoid over-lap abrasion increasing the life of your gear. (See example images below)
- Durable weather-proof powder coated finish available in many popular colors to match the color scheme of your Jeep, 4x4 truck or off-road vehicle. Raw Dog unfinished option also available so you can take it to your local powder coat or paint shop to color match your ride.
- 3/4" B-Ring shackle design forged from high-strength carbon steel manufactured to ASME 30.26 standards. (Meets or exceeds but not certified at this time)
- Metric M22 class 6H/6g threads compatible with most popular metric threaded 3/4" D-Ring recovery, towing or lifting shackles.
- 5 Ton (10,000lb) Work Load Limit (*Manufactured to ASME 30.26 standards, but not certified)
- Debossed letters on the lower half of shackle body prevents tearing, fraying, snagging and other damage to synthetic winch lines, tree savers, snatch ropes, tow straps, soft shackles and other vehicle recovery accessories.
- Lower gap prevents snatch rope or tow strap slip knot from over tightening for easy removal.
- And it looks like...
Mohawk 2.0 Shackle Receiver
The Mohawk is warm forged using 6061-T6 aluminum with the grain flow orientated to maximize the strength of your connection point providing a work load limit of 10,000lbs.
Two hitch pin holes allow for two receiver mounting positions increasing compatibility with any 2 inch hitch package. The third hitch pin hole and included spacer allow you to rotate the receiver 90 degrees so you can mount a hitch ball with a 3/4" shank providing a towing tongue weight limit of 300lbs and a gross trailer weight of 3,500lbs while accepting a Class I/II hitch ball.
Most shackle receivers have sharp edges at the connection point which often tear soft shackles, synthetic ropes, tree savers and strap looped ends. The Mohawk 2.0 main mounting hole has a very large radius on the outer edges to reduce abrasion and increase the life of your recovery gear making this ideal for use with any closed loop recovery set up. The spined outer perimeter adds more material where you need it most and gives the Mohawk its aggressive and unique identity.
- Manufactured with High Strength Warm Forged 6061-T6 Aluminum
- 5/8" dia. hitch pin hole positioned so you can turn the receiver 90 degrees to use it as a Class I/II trailer hitch ball mount with a T.W. (Tongue Weight) Limit of 300lbs (Grade 8 Steel spacer is included to adapt hitch balls with 3/4 inch shank dia.)
- Durable UV and weather proof anodized coating
- WLL (Work Load Limit) 5 ton or 10,000lbs
- Spined Mohawk shackle mount adds extra material where you need it most for increased strength and a unique design
- Laser etched logos and max load specs
- Fits any trailer hitch receiver with a square hole size of 2.0 inches. Can also be used with a Class V 2.5 inch trailer hitch receiver with the use of a Class IV to Class V adapter (not included)
- Two 5/8" Hitch pin holes for preferred positioning
- G.T.W. (Gross Trailer Weight): 3,500lbs
- Large radius around the shackle mounting hole is designed specifically to increase the life and prevent tearing of your soft shackles
- Designed for 3/4" tow shackles with a 7/8" pin dia. and soft shackles rope sizes up to 7/8" dia.